I think my biggest complaint with people in general, is their lack of common sense. You see and hear about people doing things that makes you go "what the hell were they thinking?" I work in an industry where people use computers to teach the next generation of leaders yet they can't find the start button, or they don't know what operating system they are running. If you were to give someone the key to the vehicle, you would assume, and assuming is a very broad term, that they know how to drive or for that matter even operate a vehicle safely, yet anyone can go out and buy a car the proper credit? It makes me wonder, when it comes to common sense, who's really passing out the keys?
I could go on and on about the amount of e-mails I get on a daily basis, the amount of people I talk to on a daily basis, or just a general interactions I have with public but I will spare you that. Common sense to me is knowing the literal right from wrong; if the stove is hot and you touch it, you will most likely burn your hand. I think there comes a point in everybody's life they have to realize they need to wake up and see big bad world for what it really is. Over the last 10 months I have had some unique experiences, a few of which I did not use common sense myself resulting in some pretty disastrous consequences, but some resulting in some very beneficial consequences. Defining common sense to some people is easy however, understanding for others seems to be a very trying task which if attempted, should prove to be very taxing and involved.
I'm not saying that I'm the smartest person in the world or that I make all the best decisions one person can make, but I like to think of myself as an intelligent person who can rationalize the unique difference between right and wrong when I am able to. Sitting in dwelling on the thoughts and actions of other people simply sends my brain into a tailspin of wonder and amazement at people's stupidity. There are so many different directions I could take this conversation, and so many explicit examples I could provide as to the lack of common sense in your average person that I would be here all night, but rather than do that, to a six-year provide examples of proper use of common sense?
The best one I have come up with so far relates directly to my schoolwork; I am required to type 1000+ word paper's damn near every week and yet I sit there and hack away at the keyboard for hours and writing, editing, and revising until it's absolutely perfect. Then I'm reminded about this program that will turn your speech into text, and I think why haven't I used this yet? So I downloaded it, installed it, and used it, to write this very post, and yet part of me still sits there and thinks why has it taken me so long to use this to make my life easier? Why do something in three hours when you can do it in one? Did my common sense lack in the choice of using this program, or did I simply put it out of my mind because I wasn't concerned that during that time?
Would this be the perfect example of the lack of common sense or would it be an accurate depiction of the lack of motivation to make my life easier?
No comments:
Post a Comment